Saturday, July 30, 2011

Contractor from hell!

I hired a contractor to come out and do some repairs on my plumbing. He came highly recommended and I trusted the person who gave me the recommendation. Big mistake!

So the contractor strolls out and gives me an estimate for the work and requires 50% down BEFORE he will start anything. Well it’s an emergency repair so I give him the required deposit and he promises to have the repair completed in four days time.

In the middle of the repair he tells me his equipment can’t handle it and he will need to rent a larger machine. Okay, not a problem just get the work done as soon as possible… right? Wrong!

The contractor leaves and he never comes back to complete the work, so I end up having to hire someone else who has the work done two weeks after I hire him. This new contractor tells he loves the original contractor because most of his current business if fixing the mistakes made by this highly recommended contractor! Just great!

I find out much later that the original contractor from hell had his license revoked five months before I hired him. So when I went online and did a BBB check and search for complaints with his business name there wasn’t anything listed… yet! Unreal!

So for anyone thinking of hiring a contractor make sure you check with your county licensing division BEFORE you check with the BBB!